IS SMALL BEAUTIFUL? BREAKING RULES FOR COMPACT AFFORDABILITY (VIDEO)
Density and Design are key levers for creating more affordable housing. As the price of land and construction escalates, we have to be far more creative and judicious about how we design new homes. Taking a page out of Edward Schumacher’s famous 1973 book, this Smart City Talk, a partnership between Urbanarium & Small Housing BC, asks “Is Small Beautiful?”
A panel of creative designers and developers are challenging our design conventions and bending our dated planning rules to deliver homes that better meet environmental, demographic and economic needs.
What rules should we break? Which ones should we keep? Come and find out!
- Michael Mortensen (Director, Liveable City Planning LTD)
- Helen Lui, (Development Manager, Catalyst Community Developments Society)
- Marianne Amodio (Principal, MA+HG Architects)
- Anastasia Koutalianos (Project Manager, Small Housing BC)
- Jon Stovell (President & CEO, Reliance Properties)